Friday, April 29, 2011

Joy in the midst of destruction

Is it possible to experience Joy in the midst of destruction?
Yesterday I listened to an interview with a father of 3 boys who was in the hospital with a collapsed lung and broken ribs after riding out a tornado that completely destroyed his home and at one point tore his eldest son out of his grip. Miraculously, all survived.
The father said: We have lost absolutely EVERYTHING material -- there's nothing left but the concrete slab where the house was -- but I feel GREAT! I have my boys and my wife, and my faith. It was said with such love and the energy conveyed was completely joyful.
This is indeed the lesson we are learning now....we're not meant to hold onto the material aspects of our lives, but find, and create, the connections with other living beings, and with Divine Intelligence.

No comments: